Tuesday 22 March 2016

Review - Dirty Dix by Monica James


I knew she was bad news when she walked into my office, but I just couldn’t help myself… 

Filthy, sexy and full of surprises, Juliet is so hot she has me on fire. I’ve met my match and I can’t help going back for more. 

Then there’s Madison… she’s sweet, funny and awakens in me a fierce need to protect her. 

But I don’t do relationships. I don’t usually do the same woman twice. 

Juliet and Madison: Two very different women have got me completely hooked. 

Who will I choose? 

I know who I should choose, but I never said I was the hero of this story, or even the good guy. And besides, who wants to be good, when it feels so good being bad? 

My tale isn’t for the faint-hearted. If you’re game, strap yourself in and expect the unexpected. But don’t say I didn’t warn you… 

Achingly sexy and highly addictive, Dirty Dix, the first in the Hard Love Romance series, will have you hooked. Wicked Dix coming soon… 

Oh My God!  They are the best words I can think of right now to sum up what I think of this book.  On Amazon the title says ‘Dirty Dix: A sexy, thrilling read that will have you on the edge of your seat’ and let me tell you it’s true and does not disappoint!  This is the first book in the series and I need all the books to follow now!  

When I first started reading this book I wasn’t sure what to expect and as I was reading it I thought ok so this is just going to be filth. (I’m not complaining lol) but it was so much more than that.  I realised as I was reading it that I was getting to know Dixon and about his life and why he behaves the way he does.  A bond and connection is formed with Dixon that brings you under his spell and you can't switch off or put the book down until you finish it.  It is more than just sex and I was hooked from the beginning.

The characters were so real it was like you actually didn’t like them or loved them and it was part of your life.  It kept you guessing and was frustrating when decisions were made and the storyline took turns that you didn’t want it to.  It really did keep you on the edge of your seat.  It truly captivated me and left me wanting more of good old Dirty Dix when I had finished. Dixon is definitely on my ‘list!’

Fortunately I had the 2nd book in this series and so didn’t have to wait long to continue with Dixon and Madison’s story.  I can not recommend this story highly enough to anyone and everyone.

I haven’t read anything by Monica before but I can assure you she is now one of my new favourite authors and I can not wait to read more from her especially if it involves the delicious Dixon!





Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare and Emily Dickinson.

When she is not writing, Monica is busy running her own business, but she always finds a balance between the two. 

She enjoys writing honest, heartfelt and turbulent stories, hoping to leave an imprint on her readers, and her inspiration comes from every day life. She is an Amazon best selling author in the US, UK, Australia and Canada. 

Monica James resides in Melbourne, Australia with her wonderful family, and menagerie of animals.
She is slightly obsessed with cats, chucks and lip gloss, and secretly wishes she was a ninja on the weekends.

http://www.facebook.com/authormonicaj...

Twitter: @monicajames81

http://monicajamesbooks.blogspot.com.au 

Check out my review of Dirty Dix originally posted under Addicted to Sin


No comments:

Post a Comment