Monday 30 November 2015

Unleashed (The Colours of Love Series 3) by Kathryn Taylor





Like a fairy-tale, it should have been so wonderful: after a year of marriage, Grace Huntington still experiences undreamt-of passionate bliss. But stubborn doubts keep eating away at her. Despite the many happy moments when she feels close to Jonathan, sometimes he seems just as inscrutable as he did at the start. And now she has something to confess, something she knows will put an enormous strain on their relationship.

Finally, it's what all the COLOURS OF LOVE fans have been waiting for: the continuation of Jonathan and Grace's captivating love story.




I would like to thank the publisher for approving me to read this book on NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I recently read the first two books in the series and when I found this on NetGalley I couldn't let the last book in the Jonathan and Grace's story go without reading it.

This book stars two years after book two, which I was little gutted about as I would like to have read about their wedding and some more about the battles they faced as a married couple.  Grace has a shock and even more so when Jonathan appears to be pulling away from hair.  Their is still the steminess of the orginal books but for me this was a let down because it didn't really go anywhere or break new ground.  Kathryn just seems to be tying up loose ends that could have been done by an epligue in book two, also the crux of this story should really have been covered by that as well.

I was left feeling disappointed and if I had paid for this on amazon, at £1.49 I would have felt let down at the price as it is a very short read.  The other thing I am struggling with is my rating, I don't want to rate it as 'Chuck It in the bin' read because its too short to be that bad and it would have been my cup of tea if it had been longer and a lot more depth to the story.  So I will say its an aquired taste read.



Kathryn Taylor wrote her first story when she was eleven years old, and was determined from then on that her future career would be as a writer. After a few career detours and a happy ending in her personal life, her dream finally came true, and her first novel Unbound: Colours of Love was published in Germany in 2012, and has been translated into Italian, French and English. She is available for interview. 



No comments:

Post a Comment