Wednesday 23 September 2015

Third Time Lucky The Honey Trap by Victoria Browne


A fast moving witty chick lit drama that will take you on a journey of laughter and revelations. Good friends Sarah a sensible simple soul, Laura bitchy complicated, Beth a ‘too cool for school’ high school teacher, and Jess a funky hairdresser, decide to honey trap Jess's new American boyfriend Richard. How could such a simple plan go wrong?

Just add Jess’s new flat mate, hot sexy Elise to the mix, a few glasses of wine and you have a cocktail fit for disaster – especially when Elise honey traps the wrong boyfriend! Good friends are all Sarah needs when her uncomplicated life is jettisoned into chaos. Dan, Sarah’s boyfriend makes some shady life choices. But who is friend and who is foe? Wealthy bachelor Lee Preston sets his sights on Sarah and all Lee wants is to make her happy. Life could be fantastic when money is no object and your closet is filled with designer shoes, Oh, and his with secrets.


Firstly thank you to Victoria for a free copy in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This was a fabulous read. I was torn between reading it in 1 sitting to stretching it out so I could read it for longer. 

It made me laugh out loud and feel sad in parts too. The characters were so easy to connect with, I felt like I was reading a story about me and my own friends in a lot of ways.

I actually defy anyone to not enjoy this book or connect with the character and stories. I think everyone has experienced a relationship like Sarah and Dan’s in the beginning of the story. It definitely spoke to me on a personal level. The story was very believable and true to life. It was a funny, lovely story and had a bit of a twist. I knew there was something going not as it seemed but I wasn’t expecting it to be what it was. It didn’t end like I thought it would either but that made the story even better that it wasn’t predictable.

I can not recommend this book highly enough to everyone and anyone. I have read one other book by Victoria and so was very much looking forward to this one and it did not disappoint. I can’t wait to read more from this author she is definitely on my favourite author list……hurry up with the next one please Victoria!





Qualifying as a dental nurse Victoria worked in Harley Street London, before moving into the world of real estate. She qualified as a mortgage broker and eventually opened her own real estate agency. Reading was one thing that did not come easy due to dyslexia, causing much frustration. With a great deal of determination, Victoria progressed to where she is today, living in South London with her partner Jon and their two cats. Victoria sold her company to start a family and continue her successful writing career.



Thanks for your great review Sarah x


No comments:

Post a Comment