Friday 19 September 2014

Books and Holidays Guest Post by Heidi from Cosmochicklitan

Today I have the pleasure of introducing Heidi from Cosmochicklitan with her Books and Holidays post.


My Holiday Reads

I usually plan quite vigorously which books to take on holiday with me. It can be anything from chick-lit type summer reads to books I always wanted to read, but never gotten round to doing so.

When we went to New Zealand a few years ago I tookthe Chocolate Lovers’ Club and the Chocolate Lovers’ Diet by Carole Matthews. I loved both books so much.Reading these in the evenings after taking in all the brilliant sights of New Zealand during the day was such a relaxing welcome for the evenings. So whenever I want to think back to our amazing holiday to New Zealand, I straight away remember Carol’s books and indulge in some chocolate J.

For my holiday to Mexico I took some of Lindsey Kelk’s I heart books. I am a big fan of this series and couldn’t wait to find out which adventures awaited Angela in Paris and Hollywood. We toured through Mexico by car and covered nearly 2000 km in two weeks. Due to this tight schedule I was too shattered (in a good way!) in the evenings to read and left these book for the last two days which we spent on a breath-taking beach.

During our holiday in Canada I read Eat, Pray, Love byElizabeth Gilbert. I was in a bit of a stressful state before embarking on this holiday. We had just moved house and there were still so many things to sort out. This book had such a calming influence on me and also changed the way I think to a certain extent. It also worked so incredibly well with all the nature and undisturbed wildlife we got to witness during this holiday. Whenever I think of Canada, I think back to this inspiring read.

Our next holiday will be to Malta later on in the year. Not sure yet which books I will pack this time. I welcome any suggestions J!!

Twitter: @Cosmochicklitan
Facebook: Heidi Cosmochicklitan

Thank you Heidi!


No comments:

Post a Comment